Free Field Technologies is pleased to announce the release of Actran 19.0, offering users new capabilities for dealing with acoustic, vibro-acoustic and aero-acoustic challenges and achieving superior performances. Designed to give the access to a wider range of numerical acoustic simulations, this major release also focuses on providing users with user-based designed tools to facilitate the utilization of acoustic simulation in various environments.
Among others, this new version includes the following important improvements:
- A brand new Actran SEA module based on the Virtual Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) principles, enabling the simulation of large vibro-acoustic systems at mid & high frequencies based on existing (low frequency) finite element models from MSC Nastran;
- Fan-Noise: A blade design generator combined with the possibility to use steady CFD (including a potential flow solution computed by Actran) to evaluate the tonal noise from fans in early design stages;
- Improved flexibility, accuracy and user-experience for simulations of Trimmed Bodies through the access of the Reduced Impedance approach in direct frequency responses, the enhancement of automatic meshing for trim packages and the export of MSC Nastran PEM trim models from Actran VI;
- Democratization of CAE through a new framework for developing wizards for any given application;
- Faster calculations thanks to new mesh adaptivity capabilities, extended MUMPS single precision coverage, faster SNGR and more;
- User experience enhancements thanks to the automated fluid/structure coupling for incompatible meshes, a Field Viewer utility, an Excitation to Response tool, directivity maps, a new module to automate parametric studies and more;